Subscribers to LCE will pay a yearly $30 subscription fee, much like other online newspapers or magazines. With a subscription you’ll receive 9 menus 6 times a year that can be viewed on an iPad, tablet, or PC.
Each menu is divided into 3 dishes and each dish is broken down into what to buy (Food), tools to use (Tools), and 3 short videos (Cook). The recipes are presented as images and videos with few words (in case reading is difficult). There are audio voice overs of ingredients and tools to help with identification, and the videos can be stopped and started for those who want to cook along with them.
Menus are created with taste, nutrition, and simplicity in mind, but also a sense of fun!
Knowing that users may have difficulty with fine motor skills, we use some ingredients that are already prepared (chopped onions, precooked diced potatoes, rotisserie chicken, fresh broccoli florets) to sidestep more challenging kitchen tasks. Some canned ingredients, like tomatoes and beans, are also used.
Helpful “Tell Me More” tips are peppered throughout the pages to add another layer of information and entertainment. These “pop up” videos are short clips of someone talking about something special in the recipe (“Be sure to use a lot of sauce on the chicken. That’ll make it taste awesome!”). They’re designed to help foster a sense of “Hey, if they can do this, so can I!”
LCE takes no advertising. We want users stay focused on cooking and being successful without distractions or unnecessary information.
- Ham & Kale Frittata 45 Minutes, 8 Servings
- Cheesy Bean Burritos 45 Minutes, 4 Servings
- Roasted Buffalo Wings 50 Minutes, 4 Servings
- Cheeseburger Pizza Menu 30 Minutes, 4 Servings
- Chinese Chicken Salad Menu 20 Minutes, 4 Servings
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Menu 45 Minutes, 4 Servings
- Baked Chicken Menu 90 Minutes, 4 Servings
- BLT Sandwich Menu 30 Minutes, 4 Servings
- Meatball Skewer Menu 30 Minutes, 4 Servings
A one-year, $30 subscription to Look, Cook, and Eat features 6 issues with 9 delicious menus in every issue, viewable on your computer or tablet.